Abilities are traits that increase the strength of the pathogen. Most abilities are the same for every plague, but every plague also has its own unique abilities.
List of general Abilities Edit
Climate Abilities Edit
The Climate abilities affect how good the disease is in that type of climate.
- Cold Resistance 1- Pathogen evolves to withstand cold temperatures and climate
- Cold Resistance 2- Lower intracellular water volume prevents freezing. Increased effectiveness in cold climates
- Heat Resistance 1- Pathogen evolves to withstand hot temperatures and climates
- Heat Resistance 2- Pathogen avoids cellular breakdown in high temperatures. Increased effectiveness in hot climates
- Environmental Hardening- Pathogen develops hardened coating-becoming highly weather resistant and extremely comfortable in both hot and cold climates
Medical Abilities Edit
Drug Resistance will increase the effectiveness in richer countries. Cure resistance abilities will help slow down/decrease the percentage of the cure.
- Drug Resistance 1- Pathogen becomes resistant to class 1 and 2 antibiotics. Increases effectiveness in wealthy countries.
- Drug Resistance 2- Pathogen develops resistance to class 3 and 4 antibiotics. Increases effectiveness in wealthy countries
- Genetic Hardening 1- Pathogen becomes harder to analyze in the lab. Decreases future research speed
- Genetic Hardening 2- The pathogen does not reproduce in lab conditions. Decreases future research speed
- Genetic ReShuffle 1- Pathogen DNA strands reassembled. More work needed to develop a cure
- Genetic ReShuffle 2- A new strain of the pathogen now exists, increasing the work needed to develop a cure
- Genetic ReShuffle 3- Multiple strains of the pathogen now exist, increasing the work needed to develop a cure