See also: Zombie
Apes are the core mechanic of Simian Flu plagues. Being designed to boost intelligence and due to being solely tested on apes, the Simian Flu is able to boost the intellect of infected apes vastly, increasing them to levels equal to humans. Like in the movie Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, apes gain green irises when infected and can gift other apes with the virus through intentional or unintentional means. Apes can also infect and be infected by humans with the Hominidae Bridge transmission.
Intelligent apes can create colonies in countries to protect themselves and other apes, and create DNA bubbles. Apes can also be slowly migrated from country to country, which can be sped up by teaching them how to create rafts and tame and ride horses. Apes can be migrated into existing colonies manually or over time with Ape Migration. The game is won if the population of intelligent apes exceeds that of humans.
Starting off, Apes aren't viewed as a threat or even intelligent once they escape from Gen-Sys. This changes once the Simian Flu is discovered and Gen-Sys conducts traumatic experiments on the apes. After being discovered that apes are attacking labs and that the disease affects both apes and humans, humans will start to blame apes for the infection of their country. This eventually leads to the world taking aggressive action, and targeting ape colonies with military Drones, killing any apes still in their area of effect. Apes can also be fiercely hunted down in countries. If apes rampage during this time, humans will gladly counter attack, resulting in massive ape casualties.
Gen-Sys will also go to countries with ape populations and try to gather them up to conduct traumatic experiments with high ape casualty rates while also increasing cure research speed. Once all apes are dead or if Gen-Sys has failed to gather apes in a long time, they'll depart for another country. Intelligent apes can avoid capture by either preemptively destroying Gen-Sys labs before they are fully set up or being sheltered in colonies.
- Assassin - Apes use stealth to increase combat abilities. Requires Ape Rampage and Primal Awareness.
- Discovery Channel - Apes knowledge of group tactics and enhanced communication skills increase ape transmissions. Requires Primal Hunt and Social Cohesion.
- Fly Magnet - The virus' ability to survive in ape and human excrement increases cross-species transmissions. Requires Hominidae Bridge, Diarrhoea, and Excrement.
- Red Ape Redemption - Apes use guns while on horseback, significantly increasing combat abilities. Requires Weapon Creation and Horseback Riding.
- Rude Awakening - Ape scouts learn to aggressively throw infected feces at other apes increasing transmission. Requires Scouts and Excrement.
Ape Count Edit
|Country||Ape Count||Percent of Total Ape Count|
In total, there are 644,462 apes in the game.