The Bio-Weapon is a genetically and biologically engineered and modified virus that was accidentally released from a laboratory. It is the final Standard Plague available in the game. It is quite similar to other diseases, primarily the virus standard plague type in physical appearance and in shape and size. However, unlike the previous plague types, the Bio-Weapon will grow progressively more lethal over the course of the game, making it more likely to kill off one's hosts before they are able to infect more people. To win, the player must use the disease's special abilities to lower the lethality in order to avoid killing too many hosts too early. This quirk makes the Bio-Weapon ideal for speed run strategies. The interface of the Bio-Weapon also very strongly resembles an RNA Retrovirus.
By default, the Bio-Weapon has slightly higher infectivity than usual, and is better suited to rich countries than average.
- Gene Compression 1-3 - Increases time before lethality increase.
- Nucleic Acid Neutralization 1-3- Reset lethality to 0 for a few in-game days.
- Deactivated Modified Genes 1-3- Reduces lethality.
- Unlock Annihilate gene - Significantly increases severity, infectivity, and most of all, increases lethality to an almost apocalyptic degree. Easily the ultimate killing gene in the game.
Every in game day, the game will roll a random chance for the Bio-Weapon to increase lethality naturally. As the game progresses, the chance of lethality will increase exponentially. Nucleic Acid Neutralization will reset the exponential growth to zero, and the other abilities will slow lethality growth or just remove lethality.
For strategies, tips, and Q&A, please see Bio Weapon Strategy Guides.
Stages of Evolution Edit
- Possible real-world Bio-Weapons include smallpox, plague, or even rabbit fever. Anthrax is also a possibility.
- If one assumes a symbiotic relationship is the most logical end of evolution, the Bio-Weapon is the disease genre most prone to extinction because it kills its hosts quickly, sometimes before they can infect other people.
|Standard Plague Types|