- DNA Points is the plague's "currency", which is required to evolve.
- It is earned by infecting/killing people and popping bubbles, Cure bubbles are an exception unless Catalytic Switch is active.
- You can sometimes gain points for devolving.
- For each trait that has been purchased, the cost to evolve traits increases by 1 in a section
- The cost to evolve traits will increase over time in Mega Brutal, even if there are no traits evolved because Genetic drift impacts evolution. The gene Sympto-Stasis neutralizes this effect at the cost of being cured easier.
- If the Unlimited Strain cheat is enabled, you will have infinite DNA points when you start the game.
- DNA income can be increased with certain genes as listed below and some genes will either increase or decrease the DNA costs of Abilities, Symptoms or Transmission.
- Prices for evolving can range from as little as 1 to as high as over 100 (Mega Brutal only).
DNA-giving genes Edit
The following Genes will, if added to the Genetic Code, give extra DNA points in varying ways. They must be discovered before becoming available for use.
- ATP Boost - Get 8 bonus DNA at the beginning
- Cytochrome Surge - Get more DNA from popping orange, DNA bubbles
- Metabolic Jump - Get more DNA from popping red, biohazard bubbles
- Catalytic Switch - Get bonus DNA from popping blue, cure bubbles
- Metabolic Hijack - Orange and red bubbles are automatically popped
- Ionised Helix - Bonus DNA when devolving
- Latent Catalyst - Get DNA when a Gen-Sys lab is destroyed (Exclusive to Simian Flu)
- ATP Overdose - Bonus DNA at start but costs significantly more to devolve (Exclusive to Simian Flu)
- Together Strong - Increases DNA from colonies (Exclusive to Simian Flu)
DNA cost-modifying genes Edit
These genes modify the DNA cost of most abilities in different ways. They must, again, be discovered before they can be used.
- Translesion + - Costs to devolve don't increase
- Sympto-Stasis - Symptom costs don't increase but easier to cure
- Trans-Stasis - Transmission costs don't increase but easier to cure
- Patho-Stasis - Ability costs don't increase but easier to cure
- Spliced Activation - Active abilities cost less DNA to use (Exclusive to Necroa Virus)
- Ion Deficit - Costs more to devolve but harder to cure (Exclusive to Simian Flu)
- Ion Surge - Costs less to devolve but easier to cure (Exclusive to Simian Flu)