The following are strategies for the Necroa Virus expansion. Please feel free to add your own strategies, tips, and Q&A here:
The Necroa Virus is usually very easy to cure, unless the player has plenty of cure-preventing genes (i.e. Genetic Mimic), or by increasing its Severity and/or Lethality. The player must be quick to get Cytopathic Reanimation before the cure is deployed (unless the player is aiming for the achievement Not Another Zombie Game). Once achieved, the cure will become useless in stopping your disease and people who die from the disease, and it will reanimate them, making them zombies (however, all infected individuals will be cured, thus preventing any lethal non-zombie symptoms from ravaging the human population along with the zombies you produced). A zombie population counter will immediately replace the Infected counter. Zombies will then either eat or turn other humans, whether healthy or infected into zombies. This will initially overwhelm all countries infected by your disease and allow your zombie population to grow exponentially as well as gaining access to abilities and symptoms that will increase the lethality and effectiveness of your zombies, along with others abilities to assist you.
After a certain amount of time, a certain country that is mostly healthy will form a Z Com base, and humans teamed with Z Com soldiers will defend against your plague. Z Com will be humanity's greatest protector and the greatest threat against your plague, and, eventually, Z Com will establish a second base in another healthy country, unless the player can destroy the original Z Com base quick enough. Z Com will try to decrease and eventually eradicate the number of zombies in the world, starting with the country that they're based in. If not stopped fast enough, your zombie armies will begin to succumb to decay even if you have all the abilities that prevent this. This will allow Z Com to expand unchecked to more and more countries. Ultimately, Z-Com will triumph if they have established themselves in too many countries and you will eventually suffer defeat when the last of your zombies decay or are destroyed (and thus the player loses).
If a country is destroyed by zombies, the zombies there will begin to starve and die off, so a zombie horde starting at the destroyed country should move to a healthy or weak country for more food. This is indicated by a zombie bubble. The player can tap it for DNA points. Z Com's bases are presented by a fortress in a blue box. Make sure your number of zombies is high before attacking a base, or else your zombies will be massacred. Once Z Com is eliminated, and all humans are either eaten or turned into zombies, the game is over and the player wins. - Unknown
Strategy 1 (credit to Yo It's Spicy at Icspicy) Edit
Strategy 1: Gene Setup:
- Metabolic Hijack
- Spliced Activation
1.) Start in China, then evolve these transmissions as soon as you can:
- Zoonotic Shift
- Rodent 1
- Insect 1
- Bat 1
- Bird 1
- Segmented Genome
2.) Now wait until one of these two things happen:
- Cytopathic Reanimation mutates or..
- Cure progression reaches 75%
3.) Once one of these two things happen, evolve the following symptoms:
- Cytopathic Reanimation(If it has not mutated yet)
- Anaerobic Resuscitation
- Enhanced Motor Control
- Peptide Surge
- Horde Instinct
- Structured Travel
- Dyskinetic Movement
- Engorged Quadriceps
- Drifting Fermentation
- Horde Mentality
- Horde Vocalisation
- Horde Pheromones
- Regenerative Activation
4.) After evolving the last symptom, start to drag zombie hordes to uninfected island countries. Countries you should take notice of are:
- New Zealand
Important: Always keep an eye on Island countries. If there are no zombies nearby, use Regenerative Activation to make some rise from the dead then move those zombies to your target country.
You might also want to infect island countries as soon as possible to remove the chance of Z-Com establishing a base there. Move zombies from one country to another if there are no zombie infesting a nearby country leading to an island country.
5.) While moving millions of zombies around, it would be wise to keep evolving some symptoms:
- Acidic Reflux
- Dermal Calcification
- Naja Mortis
- Cranial Elephantitis
- Bone Dysplasia
- Masticatory Tension
6.) From here on it would be best to keep moving zombies around to destroy countries faster. Prioritize on sending hordes of zombies to Z-Com bases to prevent them from upgrading or establishing other country bases.
I haven't been able to get a 5 out 5 biohazard score using this strategy yet. But I do hope that this helped you defeat Necroa Virus in mega-brutal difficulty. I'll link the second strategy here once I perfect it. If you've go any tips or other strategies to beat this plague. Share them with us! Happy Spicy gaming!
- Chernobyl: Zoonotic Shift, get Bat 1 and Bird 1 before zombifying infected. Hide & seek: when they think it might've come from exclusion zone, devolve the above transmissions. Get Bat 2 OR Bird 2 when they've captured the animals (Rodent 2 may also work). Note: the last of the 3 news reels (the last one is when you should probably zombify) is "military deployed." The first is also a pop-up. - 18.104.22.168
- Note: all of these require Saliva 1. I will only list the other one. Giza: Heat Resistance 1. For colder climates, devolve Heat Resistance 1 when they want to see if it came from Giza, and evolve Cold Resistance 1. Then there will be "no link to Giza pyramids." It's a trap: already on this wiki, definitely Ambush Predation. Revenge of Osiris: cranial elephantis. PfiGlax: Segmented Genome. No clue on its achievements. - 22.214.171.124
- I achieved Revenge of Osiris. Remember: if you want Revenge of Osiris, you have to let them link it to the Giza pyramid, then explore it. - 126.96.36.199
- For a Brutal strategy, go here, and Mega Brutal is here. These are links to external guides, so please thank them if it works for you! - Insertrandomnamehere
- Where would I get the Target and Zombie Magnet abilities? - 188.8.131.52
- They're not currently in the game. Likely the Target ability was made into the Horde ability and Zombie Magnet into Reanimate.
- I tried the Egyptian pyramid of Giza but it didn't work, maybe make more specific instructions or a link to a guide?