On Normal difficultyEdit
Genetic Code SettingsEdit
DNA Genes - Cytochrome Surge - More DNA from popping orange DNA bubbles
Travel Genes - Aquacyte - Increase chance of plague spreading by sea
Mutation Genes - Creationist - Decrease the chance of your plague mutating (critical)
Environment Genes - Extremeophile - Give your plague a minor bonus in all environments.
Necroa Virus Genes - n/a
Necroa Virus Genes replaces Evolution Genes from all previous game types. Necroa Virus Gene unlocks can only be achieved by playing Necroa Virus on Normal or Brutal difficulty and winning, or by unlocking all genes and then they can be unlocked by beating it on casual. All other unlocks can be achieved by playing any game type on Normal or Brutal difficulty and winning. One unlock per win.
To avoid needing to win 25 games to unlock all pre-Necroa Genes, and then needing to win 5 Necroa Virus games to unlock all Genetic Code, players may choose to purchase unlocks. Each individual gene can be unlocked for $0.99 each or all genes (30 as of version 1.5) for only $9.99.
The critical choice is Creationist-- Reducing the chance of plague mutation gives you longer for your plague to spread before it is noticed by the world. The plague will continue to infect and kill people so long as the plague is not cured. Once the cure is found, anyone not infected can be killed by zombies but they cannot be infected by your plague.
Mutate transmissions only.(-41 dna)
- Saliva 1
- Saliva 2
- Water 1
- Water 2
- Blood 1
- Air 1
Evolve one ability to continue infection:
- Drug Resistance 1
Continue to let your plague infect the world, accumulate DNA.
If any symptoms mutate, devolve them. Devolution costs in Necroa Virus gameplay starts at -7 DNA and increase from there. It is advisable to have no more than one or two Symptoms mutate before proceeding to Late game play due to DNA costs associated with devolution.
When all but a few countries remain uninfected, or all countries are infected but not everyone in those countries are infected, be patient and allow infection to continue until a random mutation occurs-- then proceed to Late game play.
Mutate symptoms (at least 69+? (77 with corrected values which you will not have if you get the recommended transmission above as you will mutate so much you will throw away points devolving) DNA is required):
- Hyper Salivation -7 DNA
- Polyphagia -8 DNA
- Gastroenteritis -10 DNA
- Cannibalism -23 DNA
- Cyptopathic Reanimation -15 DNA
- Anaerobic Resuscitation -14 DNA
Mutate Abilities (at least 43 DNA is required):
- Horde Instinct -4 DNA
- Horde Mentality -7 DNA
- Horde Vocalisation -13 DNA
- Horde Pheromones -19 DNA
Hard to reach locations:
If Z Com sets up anywhere, march a million-strong horde of zombies from a neighboring country and crush them.
If any pockets of living humans are holding out, use the following table to assist you in marching your zombies to dinner.
- Madagascar - Million zombie horde march from East Africa
- Caribbean - Million zombie horde march from USA
- Greenland - Million zombie horde march from USA => Canada => Greenland
- Iceland - Million zombie horde march from USA => Canada = > Greenland => Iceland or UK => Iceland
- Morocco - Million zombie horde march from West Africa
- New Zealand - Million zombie horde march from Australia
- Japan - Million zombie horde march from China or Russia
- Indonesia - Million zombie horde march from China
- Philippines - Million zombie horde march from China
- New Guinea - Million zombie horde march from China => Philippines => New Guina
NOTE: You cannot march zombies from a country that is not immediately adjacent to the destination. e.g., USA cannot march on Central America or Greenland, it must pass through other countries first. Edit Note: If you put your march start point at the tip of Florida, it's possible to get Greenland. You just need to aim for the far east of it.
Once you get your first win, you'll unlock a Necroa Virus specific genetic code which will make it easier to win future Necroa Virus games.
- Start in Saudi Arabia
- Evolve Zoonotic shift
- Evolve Bat 1
- Evolve Bat 2
- Don't worry about mutations
- Evolve Drug Resistance 1
- Evolve Saliva 1
- Evolve Gastrointestinal Expansion
- Evolve Saliva 2
- Evolve Cold Resistance 1
- Evolve Water 1
- Evolve Water 2
- First part is done
- Keep popping bubbles and wait until you get the notification that the cure is 50% complete
- Evolve Hyper Salivation, Polyphagia, Gastroenteritis, Cannibalism and Cythopathic Reanimation
- Evolve Anarobic Resuscitation, Enhanced Motor Control, Peptide surge
- Evolve Horde Instinct, Structured Travel and Drifting Fermentation
- Start infecting islands with hordes
- Try to infect all the islands that are not infected now
- First focus on northern islands like Iceland and Greenland if possible
- If there is any Z COM base on an island don't worry about it, try to infect it once and move on
- Keep evolving
- Evolve Dermal Calcification, Cranial Elephantitis, Bone Dysplasia
- Evolve Acidic Reflux, Naja Mortis and Authothysis
- Now start attacking the Z Com bases with hordes, your zombies should be strong enough against them
- Don't forget about the uninfected countries. Sweden, Norway and Canada were almost always the last uninfected countries
- If you see that hordes aren't enough against Z COM, try Regenerative activation and try to raise a few dead in that country, or you could try and make hordes larger with Horde mentality if there are not many dead in the Z Com countries
Sourced from Randomgametips - http://randomgametips.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/plague-inc-necroa-virus.html
Strategy Number 2
Start in Russia
- Evolve Zoonotic shift
- Evolve Bird 1
- Evolve Bird 2
- Don't worry about mutations
Continue popping bubbles till the world notices you and the cure is almost complete before spending all points on remaining symptoms to obtain Cytopathic Reanimation & Anaerobic Resuscitation.
I personally prefer the
- Hyper Salivation
- Cytopathic Reanimation
- Anaerobic Resuscitation
After that unlock the following ability. They should cause like 0 or 1 pt each 3 pts for Drifting Fermentation
- Horde Instinct
- Structured Travel
- Dyskinetic Movement
- Engorged Quadriceps
- Drifting Fermentation
Continue to unlock symptoms. I choose to unlock the following first to deal with Z com.
- Enhanced Motor Control
- Acidic Reflux
- Naja Mortis
Continue to unlock other zombie symptoms to strengthen your zombies. Attack Z com first, direct your zombies to infect their base. Also, beware of island places like New Zealand and the Caribbean. Direct your zombies to infect them before your zombies rot from a neighboring country. Remember to infect them. I win 3 out of 5 with this strategy.
I just cannot figure out why sometimes my zombies disappear all of a sudden.