The following are strategies and tips for the Black Death scenario. Please feel free to add your own below:
- Start in India.
- Evolve the transmissions Rodent 1 and 2, Livestock 1 and 2, Bird 1 and 2, and Extreme Zoonosis.
- Then, evolve the abilities Cold Resistance 1 and 2, and Drug Resistance 1 and 2 A player's plague should be spreading fairly quickly by now.
- Now, evolve the symptoms Skin Lesions (Optional), Pneumonic plague, Coughing, Sneezing, Pneumonia, and Pulmonary Oedema.
- All countries should be infected by now. When the cure reaches 25%, evolve Genetic ReShuffle 1 and Drug Resistance 3. If the cure progress goes above 75%, evolve Hardened Reshuffle 1 and 2. If a player does not think their plague is killing fast enough and have some DNA points to spare, they should evolve Septicemic plague, Total Organ Failure and/or Dysentery.
- This will usually guarantee one biohazard if players follow all instructions; the strategist has gotten 2 biohazards using it. It will also work on Mega Brutal difficulty.
- Remember, with Extreme Zoonosis, even if a country is uninfected and has shut down its seaports/airports/land borders, players may still use infected animals in order to infect said country.
- If one evolves Pneumonic plague, they'll gain access to the Air 1 and Water 1 transmissions.
- If they evolve Drug Resistance 2 and Genetic ReShuffle 1, it will unlock Drug Resistance 3.
- Evolving Drug Resistance 3 unlocks Hardened Reshuffle 1, which is a combination of Genetic Hardening 1 and Genetic ReShuffle 1.