The following are strategies for the Nano-Virus disease type. Please feel free to add your own strategies, tips, and Q&A here:
DNA Gene--- ATP Boost Travel Gene--- Aquacyte (to get those pesky places like Greenland, Iceland and New Zealand). Evolution Gene--- Sympto-Stasis (because you'll get a lot of symptoms) Mutation Gene--- Genetic Mimic (because the cure starts right away). Environment Gene--- Any that you have helps but if you have Extremophile definitely use it.
- Before starting, because you have ATP Boost, buy Code fragment interception (to slow down the cure), and get the symptoms Cysts, Abscesses, Coughing, Insomnia and Paranoia).
- Start in India.
- Buy Code segment interception, Nausea, Vomiting, Drug Resistance 1, and Genetic Hardening 1 and 2. The cure may be filling up quickly, but if you follow along everything will be okay.
- If there are sterilisation air filters, buy Air 1 or Water 1, whichever corresponds to the filter. If not, continue.
- Buy Hyper sensitivity, Paralysis and Coma to slow down the cure.
- Buy Air 1 and 2 and Water 1 and 2, and Extreme Bioaerosol.
- Buy Seizures, Insanity, and Radical elements stabilised.
- Buy Drug Resistance 2 and Cold Resistance 1 & 2.
- Buy Pneumonia, Sneezing, Rash, Sweating, Anaemia, and Haemophilia, (every remaining Tier 1 & 2 symptom), then Skin Lesions and Diarrhoea.
- Buy Encryption breached and Drug immunity.
- If you need it, use the Replication Factory overload for extra infectivity.
- Wait for total world infection, and at this point you should have saved over 150 points which can be used to buy every remaining symptom (prioritize lethal symptoms).
- To slow the cure down in the end, buy Genetic ReShuffle 1, 2 and 3 (killing should allow you to get enough points).
- When there are only a few million people left, for some extra points you can buy the Broadcast Interceptor overload to slow down the cure. Almost 100% chance of success on Brutal, works on Mega Brutal with some modifications (getting Radical elements stabilised before Extreme Bioaerosol).
Risviltsov's Strategy (200-400 Days) Edit
Risviltsov here. This is my favourite plague to play with, since you don't have to worry about the cure (Seriously, by the time they've cured you, they've spent more than $500 million)
- ATP Boost
- Genetic Mimic OR Darwinist (In this guide, I used Genetic Mimic)
- Aerocyte OR Teracyte (In this guide, I used Aerocyte)
- Xerophile OR Extremophile (In this guide, I used Extremophile)
Phase 1 - Symptom Overload Edit
Start your plague in Saudi Arabia!
Before you infect Patient Zero, evolve the following!
- Insanity (after you collect Patient Zero's DNA point)
Now, just evolve the following in order:
NOTE: Once another country gets infected, grab Air 1 and Air 2! After Saudi Arabia is fully infected, evolve Water 1, Water 2 and Extreme Bioaerosol!
NOTE: Once the infected population reaches 1.25 billion, trigger Replication Factory Overload!
- Skin Lesions
- Code Fragment Interception
- Code Segment Interception
HINT: Evolve Total Organ Failure, Haemorrhagic Shock, Necrosis and Dysentery as early as possible after the above symptoms have been evolved.
Phase 2 - Abilities Stock-up Edit
Evolve the following to make your plague more effective.
- Drug Resistance 1
- Drug Resistance 2
- Drug Immunity
- Cold Resistance 1
- Cold Resistance 2
Phase 3 - Extinction Edit
Collect as much DNA as possible, while evolving lethal symptoms. Do not go for tier 3 symptoms (except for Internal Haemorrhaging) and collect DNA points. Save them and once there are 1 million people still alive (but stuck in holes, dying and observing the last days of humanity), evolve the following:
- Radical Elements Stabilized
- Encryption Breached (R.I.P. SCP Foundation)
- Cure Interceptor Overload
- Genetic ReShuffle 1
- Genetic ReShuffle 2
- Genetic ReShuffle 3
- ANY SEVERE SYMPTOMS
HINT: Devolve any non-lethal symptoms, any transmission, and the cold resistance to get extra DNA points.
HINT: Slowing down the time compression will increase deaths per week. :D It also extends the time that the Replication Factory Overload and Cure Interceptor Overload are active.
Enjoy the massacre! And hopefully, this took less than a year for the human race to die off! PATHETIC BIGOTED HUMANS! :D
WARNING: At times, you may get unlucky and miss Greenland, the Caribbean or the Philippines.
~Risviltsov, Plague Inc Wiki's statistician
- The bigger a country is, the smaller the chance is of spreading your disease. If the disease 'leaves' a country, it is connected to the percentage of infected people.
- If you're worried about the government trying to stop your disease from spreading, just evolve (for example) insect 1, then evolve insect 2, then devolve insect 1. If you don't get the tier 1 transmissions, the government cannot do anything against the tier 2 ones.