The following are tips and strategies for the Parasite plague type. Please feel free to add your own strategies, tips, and Q&A here:
1). Use any Genes that can help the parasite increase infection or add genes that help the Parasite in ways like increased transmission on planes.
3). Keep Severity low at all times by evolving its special ability, if stealth fails try to double transmission before the world starts shutting down land borders and airports.
4). If a stealth approach was taken without alerting any of the countries then proceed to infect the world with lower tier symptoms such as Coughing, Sneezing, Nausea avoid using the sweat symptom if a headline pops up for it which can make curing and noticing the disease easier with said symptom.
5). If you have successfully infected the entire world without being detected then evolve Total Organ Failure but make sure all nations are infected before purchasing this symptom especially on Mega Brutal difficulty. - Dan67
So this strategy worked amazingly well for me - in fact I ended up better off in Brutal than in Casual or Normal.
- Genetic Code: Cytochrome Surge, Darwinist, Extremophile, Teracyte, Ionised Helix.
- Starting Country: West Africa
- Evolve Transmissions: Water 1 and 2, Air 1 and 2
- Evolve Abilities: Drug Resistance 1, Cold Resistance 1 and 2
- Evolve Transmission: Extreme Bioaerosol
Now just wait and pop the red and orange bubbles - devolve any symptoms that mutate (and collect that lovely bonus).
- You will find initial spread and DNA accumulation will be slow, but will rocket at the end. If you want to speed it up, put Bird 1 in place.
- By the time the whole world is infected, you should be looking at 170+ DNA.... if you hold on until the end (i.e. 100% infection), you can now devolve all of the transmissions for bonus DNA.
- Evolve Genetic Hardening 1 2 and then get the symptoms as deadly as you choose - Up to Total Organ Failure through Cysts is good as it takes in Coma to slow the cure... if you have enough DNA you can get down from Fever to Necrosis too....
- Sit back and watch the world die.... as you get the DNA you can either do Genetic ReShuffle 1, 2, or 3 to slow the cure, or get more and more deadly symptoms. - Unknown
This is a simple strategy which will work on Casual, Normal or Brutal (This doesn't work on Mega Brutal because the 'random medical check-ups' make the disease noticed and a cure is available before everyone is infected.
Evolution Gene: Ionised Helix
Mutation Gene: Genetic Mimic
Environment Gene: Extremophile... or anything really
Stage 1: BeginEdit
Step 2. Fastforward
TIP: If any symptoms evolve DEVOVLE THEM IMMEDIATELY!!! Doctors will spot the disease and the Cure Research will begin. In the future the cure research will be too much!
Stage 2: InfectionEdit
You should be gaining DNA Points by now. Make sure you save them up for later though!
Your disease should be spreading like mad now. When you get the message 'No more healthy people left in the world', you know it's time!
Stage 3: KillEdit
Step 8. Evolve the following in order:
- Devolve Insomnia
- Evolve Coma
You should've had enough for all of those because if you popped all the red and orange bubbles and devolved all symptoms you should have at least twice the amount you needed. Paranoia is the most important because it will stop people from seeing the doctor.
Step 10. Evolve
Watch as the last few people hopelessly die. Watch as the screen with the words 'Victory! *your disease name here* has successfully eliminated all life on earth. You Win.
THIS STRATEGY WORKS ON EVERY DIFFICULTY EXCEPT MEGA-BRUTAL (as mentioned earlier).
This strategy was made by Terra Verso
- The Parasite is a manageable plague type for both new and veteran players as it does not mutate frequently like other plague types do, thus giving players a huge stealth advantage at the beginning of the game, especially with the Symbiosis abilities. However, the parasite is slow to adapt meaning that increasing lethality early in the game could put it at risk unless multiple nations have already been infected heavily by the parasite.
From what I know Strategy 2 & 3 don't work. The cure comes out too quickly. - User:Terra Verso
- Start in India, evolve Symbiosis 1, 2, and 3, Cold Resistance 1, Coughing, Vomiting, Nausea, and Sneezing (Insomnia and Paranoia help as well). Also evolve the transmissions Bird 1, Air 1, Water 1, Drug Resistance 1, and Genetic Hardening 1. Sit back and relax as you win. Also finish off with Total Organ Failure, Coma, Fever, Seizures, etc. - 22.214.171.124
- Start with tier 1 and 2 symptoms, then get Water 1, Air 1, Extreme Bioaerosol, Drug Resistance 1, Genetic Hardening 1, Cold Resistance 1 & 2, Heat Resistance 1, then slightly lethal symptoms, and lastly the very lethal ones. One should beat Parasite in only 323 days on normal. - Elite Assassin Ninja
- The stategist tried a diiferent strategy that took more than 1300 days. First, evolve Symbiosis 1, 2, and 3. Duck low, get Air 1 and 2, Water 1, 2, and Extreme Bioaerosol. Then evolve all non-lethal symptoms, and also Drug Resistance 1 and Genetic Hardening 1. Then wait till you get about 140 DNA point. This part takes about 20 minutes or so. Then, wreck the world anyway you like (The strategist recommends Total Organ Failure, Hemorrhagic Shock, and Coma). - 126.96.36.199