The following are strategies and tips for the Simian Flu DLC. Please feel free to add your own below:
(For Mega Brutal difficulty) Use the following genes:
- Devolve the first four symptoms that mutate, no matter what they are. Then, continue to devolve all lethal symptoms, as well as Photophobia and Neuro-enhancement 1.
- Play on normal speed. It can mean the difference between five biohazards.
- Start in West Africa.
- Evolve Simian Neuro-genesis, and then switch to ape mode, which is activated by the button on the left with the ape face on it, or pressing F
- Evolve the transmissions Blood Gift and Cutaneous Transfer, and the ability Ape Colonies.
- Start a colony in West Africa with the active ability Create Colony.
- Evolve the abilities Social Cohesion, Cognitive Shift, Education, and Primal Awareness.
- Start colonies in Central Africa, Sudan, and East Africa.
- Then evolve the abilities Drug Resistance 1, Genetic Hardening 1 and 2, and the transmissions Water 1 and 2.
- Allow Fever to evolve, but no other lethal symptoms, as well as Photophobia and Neuro-enhancement 1.
- Then, start colonies in China and India when apes have been infected in those countries.
- Evolve the Ape Rampage ability, and use the Rampage active ability to attack Gen-Sys labs.
- From now on, players must constantly scan the map for new labs so they can destroy them as soon as they appear. This can be another difference between 4 and 5 biohazards. Good luck!
- Then, evolve Air 1 and 2, and the abilities Cold Resistance 1 and 2.
- Evolve the ability Organised Travel.
- If drones start scanning, use the Travel active ability to move apes out of the blue circle around the colony.
- Play at normal speed in order to pop all the red bubbles that will come up.
- Evolve the transmissions Hominidae Bridge, Extreme Bioaerosol, and Fomites 1, 2, and 3.
- Only devolve Neuro-enhancement 1.
- Evolve the following symptoms if they haven’t already mutated:
- If one has surplus DNA, invest it in lethal symptoms.
- Welcome to the 5-Biohazard Mega Brutal Planet of the Apes. - Sketch
Strategy 2 Edit
This is a strategy that I got from ICSpicy. I've tested it twice, and both times worked.
Simian Flu, Mega-Brutal difficulty.
Genes to be used Edit
- ATP Boost
- Suppression (According to the guide, any gene works here)
- Ion Surge (Because you will need to devolve symptoms up to a certain point)
- Together Strong
- Start in the United States. Wait until you have about 25 DNA points before evolving Simian Neuro-genesis.
- Evolve Ape Colonies after gaining back to 25 DNA Points.
- Place a Colony in the United States, and wait after evolving Organised Travel.
- (Here's where I differed from the plan. I evolved Logistics and Seafaring.)
- Switch to Ape View and wait until Mexico flashes green, and immediately send apes to the Caribbean. Once Canada flashes green, send a group to the UK, and send another to Greenland, the bane of our existence in this game. Devolve any and all symptoms that mutate (I didn't have any symptoms that mutated, surprisingly).
- Once the UK has a sizable infection in the Ape population, send a group to Norway, and once Norway has a sizable infection, send a group to Iceland.
- Wait for the ape infection in Norway to spread to Russia, and once Russia has a sizable infection, send a group of apes to Japan.
- Once the ape infection has spread to mainland Europe through the UK, wait for Spain to get infected. Once this happens, send an ape group to Algeria.
- The next steps are for infecting the Asian area. Once there's a sizable amount of intelligent apes in China, send a group (or two) to the Philippines, and once S.E. Asia has an ape infection, send a group to New Guinea. Once Indonesia has a sizable ape infection, send a group to Australia, and then one to New Zealand.
- Start an Ape Colony in West Africa and Central Africa, and once East Africa has an ape infection, immediately send a group to Madagascar, one of the banes of the players of Pandemic 2.
- Build Colonies in East Africa, Sudan, China or India, and Indonesia.
- Wait until you've gotten about 500 or so DNA Points, and evolve the following abilities: Social Cohesion, Cognitive Shift, Education, Horseback Riding, Ape Rampage, Primal Hunt, and Weapon Creation.
- This is the part that requires exceptional patience. Now that you have the right abilities evolved to keep your apes out of sight, wait until you've amassed around 5000 DNA Points, on the plus side. A little over the top, right? Wrong. You'll need every DNA Point you get. While you're waiting, do something to pass the time. Study for a test, talk to someone, complain about the weather, etc.
- Once you've amassed over 5000 DNA Points, evolve the following transmissions: Bat 1 & 2, Water 1 & 2, Air 1 & 2, Extreme Bioaerosol, Fomites 1-3, Blood 1 & 2, Extreme Haemoaerosol, Insect 1 & 2, Bird 1 & 2, and my favorite transmission Hominidae Bridge.
- Pause the game as needed to collect the infection tokens that appear. Evolve the following abilities: Cold 1 & 2, Heat 1 & 2, Drug Resistance 1 & 2, and Genetic Hardening 1 & 2. This will allow for rapid spread of your Simian Flu.
- Evolve the following symptoms: Pharyngitis, Rash, Headache, Photophobia, Nausea, Coughing, Joint Pain, Sneezing, Fever, Vomiting, Subconjunctival Bleed, Pneumonia, Haemoptysis, Epistaxis, and Diarrhoea. Your disease should be spreading at a speed fast enough to make wildfire jealous.
- You should have billions infected almost instantly, and once over half of the world is infected, evolve all other symptoms that are available. Crush the pathetic humans under your feet. Evolve up to Genetic ReShuffle 3, and rampage freely across the planet. You'll destroy all cure effort ability within days, and you will win Simian Master.
The following are stats from my run-through:
Cure 16% complete
I have been unable to find the original link that I got the strategy from, but ICSpicy has a strategy that it was based on.